Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Project: Fauna

     Fauna is my first real adventure into the comic style of character reoccurance and storylines. One aspect I've decided to focus on is unconventional framing for the pictures. While I have not decided between the images bleeding or having a border of some width, I feel like I can get away with unusual lines without confusing the reader as to which scene to read next. I also plan on using curving lines quite a bit, I feel like it adds to the organic feel of the strip. While in these initial sketches I've drawn to the edge of the page, Id like to have a narrow bordering encompassing each page. Hopefully I can do this without having to cut anythings out.
     Below are two roughed full pages and enlarged cuts




    

1 comment:

  1. Nice work so far. I like the Walt Kelly influence. Look at how Kelly and Watterson use variable line width/weight to bring the characters and setting to life--also check out Jeff Smith's comic, Bone.

    ReplyDelete